Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cognitive Dissonance: Manatees and MeninSkies

Do you all know that term " cognitive dissonance"? I have it easily twice a week. And I'm having it right now.

The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feeling of discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs.

I just heard from my friend Hugo that he has seen a gaggle of manatees -- eight of them twice in two days in the lagoon at Sian Ka 'an. These creatures are soooo old. 





And then one of my friends  sent me this youtube..of men (people) with their feet on the ceiling, flying through skies,  These movements of human kind are sooooo recent. 




Cognitive dissonance...how can we value each of these things equally? 


Do you ever have cognitive dissonance?





No comments:

Post a Comment